Radiation Oncology Treatment Services
Radiation oncology is the medical specialty in which high-energy X-rays are used to gradually kill cancer cells so they are unable to grow, multiply, and spread. It is referred to by a number of different names: X-ray therapy, radiotherapy, or irradiation. Radiation therapy is a localized treatment, meaning it only affects the cells in the area of the body actually being treated. With careful planning and state-of-the-art technology, every effort is made to preserve as many healthy cells as possible.
In keeping with our commitment of providing the highest standard of patient care and maintaining state-of-the-art capabilities, the leadership, administration, and our two wonderful doctors are committed to offering the most current, leading-edge radiation treatment technology.
Tri-State Regional Cancer Center’s comprehensive radiation therapy services include multiple modalities of treatment, including both external and internal methods of treating cancer and other therapies for non-cancerous conditions.
External Beam Radiation Therapy:
- IGRT – Image Guided Radiation Therapy
- IMRT – Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- VMAT – Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy
- SRS – Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- SRT – Stereotactic Radiotherapy
- SBRT – Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy
- Three-Dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Respiratory Motion Gated Radiation Therapy
Internal Radiation Therapy :
- Prostate Seed Implantation